Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cookin' soundtracks...

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone crapscreamer's Avatar

Cookin' soundtracks...

I was rocking "This Are 2-Tone" and the "Dance Craze" soundtrack while whipping up pasta with roasted red peppers and fresh peas (and garlic bread) last night.

What do you listen to when you're cooking?

Needs a Life Punk to the bone scatter the hatred's Avatar
    Last night: Pasta and Gypsy music.

I don't really cook unless it involves a microwave...Have any of you guys read "Please Don't Feed the Bears"? Has awesome soundtrack recommendations for every dish.
    Kill, Kill, Kill for inner peace! Bomb, Bomb, Bomb for mental health! Therapy through violence!

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone damien inbred's Avatar
    Skinny Puppy is accompanying my fried rice process
    Love,
    Damien Inbred

DOOMED SOCIETY RECORDS:
    ISKRA "ruins" LP out now!!
    WAR//PLAGUE "carrion" LP OUT IN JUNE!

http://damieninbred.tumblr.com
    http://www.doomedsocietypunx.com

theoldpunk
    I love 'Please Don't Feed The Bears' And just in case someone hasn't heard of it, the 'Soy Not Oi!' cookbook has sound selections to match at least some of the recipes.

I usually play quite bouncy music while I'm cooking - Sonic Boom Six accompanied me while I knocked up a risotto tonight.

I also tend to listen to Rancid's '...And Out Come The Wolves' when I shave my head

Hot Topic Punk Padawan VonBoegroeff's Avatar
    I have a tape deck in the kitchen so i listen to tapes (if anything) while cooking. Lately "Brother Inferior - Anthems for greater salvation" and "Juggling Jugulars - So fucking fed up" have been played alot in my kitchen.

Internet Nerd Punk Punk
    i fucking hate cooking, but when i do i like to listen to Diamanda Galas. insane shrieking banshee yells. it really fucks with my head in a good way. its also good to listen to while cleaning house.

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone Painajainen's Avatar
    I was rocking the new Agrimonia album while prepping/cooking the other night....... I love to cook,aside from agrimonia I'm usually listening to rush, boston, enslaved, electric wizard, abba while cooking.
    good.....good.

Vihan Rytmi
    Alarido

Internet Nerd Punk Punk
    Weakling is always fun to cook with. As is OM. Other than that I'll do the Man is the Bastard/Capitalist Casualties LP, Guida LP, etc. When Mandalf was here we listened to nothing but Lip Cream, the Allman Brothers, Arlo Guthrie, and I think Buddy Holly while in the kitchen.

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone @-Rainbow's Avatar
    harshnoise, great to see that you like Arlo Guthrie, I like him too, did you see Alice's Restaurant ? I love that movie

As for cooking, or rather preparing food as I mostly eat raw stuff and cook quite rarely, excpect for the children, I like listening to '77 stuff (don't ask me why, I don't know myself) like X-Ray Spex, The Adverts or quite melodic punk, which I rarely do at other times...
    Walk in beauty...
    (A)//(E)