Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: vegan sweets

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone read fox's Avatar
    awesome

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone yan tree's Avatar
    new veggie/vegan cafe opened in stoke on trent...Yay!
    and they do cakes & custard & other yummy stuff!!!!
    called the big strawberry :-)

Needs a Life Punk to the bone John Revolta's Avatar
    Finally gelatin free marshmallows are available again!!!

wow! n i thought i said goodbye to marshmallows forever!

there is a new vegan restraunt to my town too. its called long beach vegan eatery.
    they got vegan whoopie pies! mmmm good but a lil pricey

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone yan tree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by @mbrosi@ View Post
    wow! n i thought i said goodbye to marshmallows forever!

there is a new vegan restraunt to my town too. its called long beach vegan eatery.
    they got vegan whoopie pies! mmmm good but a lil pricey
    thats real good news @m! ours is ....what you could say is ...rustic, there's a girl who runs it and she makes the stuff (or its frozen) and it takes a while...also there's an un-tuned piano...which is fun. and then behind a curtain upstairs...it looks like a squat! which is just marvellous cuz opposite is Chicago Rock Cafe....and over the road is KFC or McD's.....lolz competing with them is shoestring-budget big strawberry...tiz funny

ohhh, at least she's trying yan...

long beach vegan eatery is kinda in the same boat as far as the reg food goes. its vegan diner food, and from what i've gathered the cook is female who's been a vegetarian for a couple of years and she hasn't quite got the cookin down, yet... i think the cooking will improve over time. i think the owner is the cook and her boyfriend, a punk dude from new york the place is near my work and as far as i know, they got the only truly vegan french fries in town, other than homemade ones. if i'm gonna be lazy and eat out, i'll keep given them a go. oh yea they got vegan doughnuts too. i havent tried them yet, but would like to. vegan doughnuts are trouble making at home cause of the lots of oil that's needed for the frying.

i made vegan fruit cake last night. it was a trial run and it came out pretty good. i'm gonna make a lot for our downtown park residents/occupy protesters and take it to them tonight. i'm using fresh persimmons, plums, pears and apples, donations from farmers market.

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone @-Rainbow's Avatar
    I'm not so great at cooking and baking but I like to prepare vegan cookies from time to time as I found a simple recipe and the result is really tasty, here's the recipe :

The Fabulous Vegan Pecan Cookies-brownies :

Ingredients for 21 to 22 cookies :

140 gr flour
    80 gr of brown sugar and 2 bags of vanilla sugar
    2 tbs of potato starch
    160 gr of black chocolate (I used 75% chocolate)
    4 tsp of non-sweetened cocoa
    40 gr non-dairy margarine
    80gr/ml of non-dairy milk (I used soy milk)
    20 gr of ground pecans
    20 gr pecan cut into small pieces
    ˝ tbs of baking powder
    A little bit of salt

And for the decoration: 20 pecans for on the top

Preparation:

In a pan, on low heat, melt the chocolate that you've previously broken into small pieces, with the margarine. Add the soy-milk, stir well to get a homogenous mixture.

In another recipient, put the flour, the sugars, the cocoa, the powder and the pieces of pecan, the baking powder and the salt, mix well before incorporating it to the chocolate mixture. The dough will get thicker; you might have to knead it by hand, to get a homogenous dough.

Put the dough into the fridge for about 30 minutes.

In the mean time, break the pecans into 3 to 4 little pieces.

Pré-heat the oven on 6, or 180° (356 ° F).

Take the dough out of the fridge.

Weigh parts of about 25 gr each, and make balls of it, with your fingers.

On top of these, place 3 (or more) pieces of pecan, put them onto the oven plate, covered with a baking sheet, making sure the part with the pecan is on top. (Don’t flatten the balls!)

Bake for 10 minutes.

Don’t hurry to take them off the plate, 'cause they would break! just be patient and let them cool down before eating them. If you manage to have some left, put them in a tightly closed box and keep them in the fridge. They’re even better the day after, for the brownie-like texture will have had time to develop. Wait 5 minutes after taking them out of the fridge, to let them come to room temperature.
    Walk in beauty...
    (A)//(E)

Whilst waiting for an appointment yesterday, I meandered into a fancy store I never been into before and look what I found!

Needs a Life Punk to the bone imfrusty's Avatar
    holy crap that all looks so good read...just did vegan banana bread a bit ago.
    rosalie asks me every two minutes for the hour it takes for nana bread!
    so cute! she ate raw tofu not too long ago. loved it! jeff piper is the only other person i've seen to just eat it raw and love it.

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone @-Rainbow's Avatar
    Ha, I just wanted to post the picture below of the vegan cookies we've baked today (first time my children helped me preparing them and they did a lot !) and I intended writing down the recipe but I noticed that I already did so in 2011, 3 posts above, how time flies !

Oh, and thanks for those nice pictures @mbrosia, those sweets look tasty ! Unfortunately, Switzerland's not really a very vegan-friendly place so I doubt I could find such a selection in a store... It's better here than in France or Spain, but never as good as what I've seen in the England or Canada...

imfrusty : I didn't even know that raw tofu existed, is it very different from "normal" tofu ?

So, here's the photo of today's "creation" :
    Last edited by @-Rainbow; 01-26-2014 at 02:33 PM.
    Walk in beauty...
    (A)//(E)