Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favourite Snack

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone yan tree's Avatar
    coop - custard filled doughnuts! or raspberry jam filled doughnuts!

Internet Nerd Punk Punk
    Once in awhile I make a veganized batch of Navajo Frybread & sprinkle it with powdered sugar. Hmmm... Haven't made that in awhile, but thinking about it, I might make some this weekend.
    Life is suddenly good again!

Needs a Life Punk to the bone Peter Joseph Swanson's Avatar
    Costco sells a huge box of finger food sized vegetarian eggrolls that are wonderful. I don't like the sweet & sour sauce that comes with it (too sweet for me) so I just use my own soy sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by life_for_a_wage? View Post
    Once in awhile I make a veganized batch of Navajo Frybread & sprinkle it with powdered sugar. Hmmm... Haven't made that in awhile, but thinking about it, I might make some this weekend.
    When covered in regular sugar, and sold at the county fair, that was called "Elephant Ears!" I ate sooo many of those as a kid during that one summer week, every year.
    Last edited by Peter Joseph Swanson; 07-01-2011 at 03:00 PM. Reason: add a comma - but the sentence still sucks

Moderator Punk to the bone backwoodsvegan's Avatar
    I can't stop eating chopped dates rolled in sugar from the bulk bins! Usually with almonds or pumpkin seeds mixed in. Dawn and I finished off a pound and a half (!!!) before dinner last night. Being stuck inside this Winter is going to put a good 15 lbs on me...

I LOVE the garlic sesame sticks from the co-op bulk bins!!!

(this thread is making me so hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Super Moderator Punk to the bone Donofthedead's Avatar
    Sort of snack and not veggie/vegan friendly but I had ceviche and corn tortilla chips with my lunch today. Yum!
    If anyone comes across a copy of Bajo Tierra's "Sala X" 7" from Medellin, Colombia. I really want it!

Blogspot = http://donofthedeadpix.blogspot.com/
    I'm Diet! = http://iamdiet.wordpress.com/

Upper Crusty
    i pretty much agree with everything on here. i like salty more than sweet but i also like them mixed together. and nuts are awesome in any style.

Internet Nerd Punk Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Joseph Swanson View Post
    When covered in regular sugar, and sold at the county fair, that was called "Elephant Ears!" I ate sooo many of those as a kid during that one summer week, every year.
    Around here at fairs, flea/farmers markets, & bigger community events, they only have funnel cakes. My grandmother use to make frybread when I was a little kid & I forgot all about that stuff, until a couple years ago. In '09 when I was in SF for the anarchist bookfair. I stayed at one of the Bay Area Unconventional Action houses with 12 other guests, some were from a reservation in AZ. And I re-learned how to make if from one of those kids.
    Life is suddenly good again!

Super Moderator Punk to the bone Donofthedead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by life_for_a_wage? View Post
    Recipe please!
    If anyone comes across a copy of Bajo Tierra's "Sala X" 7" from Medellin, Colombia. I really want it!

Blogspot = http://donofthedeadpix.blogspot.com/
    I'm Diet! = http://iamdiet.wordpress.com/