Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many servings of fruits and vegetables do you eat a day?

Needs a Life Punk to the bone Peter Joseph Swanson's Avatar
    Peaches are in season! (I'm pretty sure) Eat your peaches now! I once bought a pile of fresh fruit at the grocery store to be all fabulous but it was all cardboard. It was awful! It helps to know when to buy what, LOL ...

Administrator Punk to the bone Leffer's Avatar
    Just dosed myself with some trail mix.
    'Within the imagination, there is no law'
    www.andylefton.com
    www.warplague.com

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone @-Rainbow's Avatar
    I can't count or better said, I'm too lazy... I eat fruits in the morning : apples, pears, kiwis, bananas, melons (not all of those, usually two or three different) and usually huge salads at noon and in the evening (well, usually one or the other, I don't eat three times a day quite often).

I love salads with many different fruits and veggies, usually I use green salad, cauliflower, olives, onions, mushrooms, carrots, sweet pepper but other stuff too when I have some.
    Walk in beauty...
    (A)//(E)

Upper Crusty
    i've been waiting all fucking summer for peaches to be in season

i think if all fruits looked like this we'd eat them more regularly...???

anyway i am always all over my daughter to eat more fruits!!!!! i'd say i eat three to six servings of f/v a day, and my kid probably eats one to three a day...assuming stuff like corn doesn't count (as that is a grain)

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone @-Rainbow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Upper Crusty View Post
    i've been waiting all fucking summer for peaches to be in season

i think if all fruits looked like this we'd eat them more regularly...???
    Are you some kind of sadist ?
    If fruits looked like that, I'd never eat a fruit again !!!
    Walk in beauty...
    (A)//(E)

Band Member Padawan
    Before I went vegan I just didn't like veggies that much. I think that's why a lot of people don't eat that much of them, when you eat meat everything that's super fat and salty tastes the best.

The last ten years I've been eating a lot of veggies. I drink fresh fruit juice every morning and try to eat at least two pieces of fruit, but sometimes I can't find nice fruits or I just forget so I can go a week without eating any. I put cucumber or lettuce on every piece of bread I eat, and I eat of a lot of stir-fried veggies for dinner at least 3 days a week, like one full plate. And than normal portions the rest of the week, but veggies every day. I'm trying to eat more raw foods, more fruit and eat less fat, sugar and salt.

Now that I'm getting older I have to put way more effort into staying in shape and being healthy, but I've grown to love vegetables now so it's not hard at all. Only problem is when I feel depressed I don't feel like eating at all or only super fat and salty foods. I think this also plays a role in why so many people eat unhealthy; if you feel like shit the only thing you want to eat is shit.

Yeah cider is a fruit!

Quote Originally Posted by theoldpunk View Post
    It feels like more people think 'cooking' involves opening a lot of packets.

Didn't that start hardcore in the 50s, and just get worse with microwaves? Now that people need to work a lot more to pay the bills, cooking at home has almost gone out the window altogether and people are just hitting up the fast food restaurants too often, instead, to save time and hassle. Going out like that used to be a treat. Now it's just eating.

I ate a lot of wild polk I picked from the woods when I was living and starving in Southern Illinois. I always like greens. I wonder why polk isn't sold at the store. I hope it's not because it's mildly toxic, LOL ...

Needs a Life Punk to the bone cat1's Avatar
    I was shopping today and i saw a flat peach!! Was awesome so I brought like 6 of them just because they were different, taste exactly like a normal one but there is a sense of humour about it being flat.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=fla...w=1600&bih=758
    "I'm just going to return some videotapes"

"I'm leaving. I've assessed the situation, and I'm going"