Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Détruire l'Ennui

Internet Nerd Punk Punk crustybeckham's Avatar
    The two final compilations have just been posted. Sweden (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4bb2gehugub26fj) and Canada/Australia/New-Zealand/South Africa (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?140ts3im0x9prcc).

I would like to thank my mommy and daddy without whom I wouldn't have made it and Rainbow who kept me company in this thread despite his mean-spiritedness.

Again, these compilations are meant to generate discussions and to share. So if you feel like it, help yourselves with some witty comments.
    Last edited by crustybeckham; 12-01-2011 at 05:46 PM.

Now that I have achieved the herculean task of uploading no less than 22 international punk compilations, it's back to normal on the Détruire l'Ennui front.

Still I have uploaded the latest show (of the 27th of november). You can download it through mediafire on the blog or even listen to it through a podcast (which I have never tried before) with this link: http://crustybeckham.podomatic.com/e...14_52_17-08_00

And in order to attract skeptical listeners, here is the playlist:

1. Blutsurz « Schweigen »
    2. Pax Vobiscum « Unknown » (S/t demo 84)
    3. Pro Patria Mori « But a child »
    4. As Mercenarias « Policia »
    5. Misery « Homeless but not helpless »
    6. Rage Against Society « We don’t believe »
    7. Subculture « Animal rights »
    8. Olethro Rigma « Paranoia »
    9. Kalazaar « Survival world »
    10. Wardogs « Anad »
    11. Detox « The West is not the best »
    12. Poster ITI « I hate mosques »
    13. Total Komplet « Resistance »
    14. Beghlerass « Lahmar »
    15. Adaptasia « pro doma »
    16. Verbalni Delikt « Protiv napretka »
    17. Hocu Necu ! « Nogom u muda »
    18. Aurora Cyrkalo « Nyugalom »
    19. Critica Radicala « Razboiul cal »
    20. Earth Citizens « Apathy »
    21. Wartoys « Macht & mythos »
    22. Hiastus « Your future »
    23. Visions of War « Disgusting tribes »
    24. Rotozaza « Instruments of terror »
    25. Destino Final « Donde estan »

Now, who has perfect tastes in music?

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone @-Rainbow's Avatar
    No idea about the above-mentioned show yet, but I've listened to the asian sampler today and there's really good stuff on there; now I just need to download the two latest samplers (I hope there's Deadly Pale on the canadian one, or else you'll see what mean-spiritedness, as you said two posts above, is really all about...

About the asian sampler : really good stuff on there, I particularly liked the bands from Kazakhstan as well as The Ants, and there are lots of other enjoyable tunes on it, with the exception of Calvin Korpse (at least their track made my son laugh).

And while I've been writing, I've just finished downloading the oz/south-african/kiwi/canadian sampler and, oh surprise : NO Deadly Pale !!! How can one chose Dis(10)putes and forget DP ? No Bludgeoned either !!! Spectres though is great ! And I'm sure I'll get to know plenty of other good bands on this one. Just a question : Are you sure that MDC are canadian ? I'm quite sure they're from the u.s. (yes, yes, go on and say that I'm evil, like with S.O.L.)
    Walk in beauty...
    (A)//(E)

Quote Originally Posted by @-Rainbow View Post
    No idea about the above-mentioned show yet, but I've listened to the asian sampler today and there's really good stuff on there; now I just need to download the two latest samplers (I hope there's Deadly Pale on the canadian one, or else you'll see what mean-spiritedness, as you said two posts above, is really all about...

About the asian sampler : really good stuff on there, I particularly liked the bands from Kazakhstan as well as The Ants, and there are lots of other enjoyable tunes on it, with the exception of Calvin Korpse (at least their track made my son laugh).

And while I've been writing, I've just finished downloading the oz/south-african/kiwi/canadian sampler and, oh surprise : NO Deadly Pale !!! How can one chose Dis(10)putes and forget DP ? No Bludgeoned either !!! Spectres though is great ! And I'm sure I'll get to know plenty of other good bands on this one. Just a question : Are you sure that MDC are canadian ? I'm quite sure they're from the u.s. (yes, yes, go on and say that I'm evil, like with S.O.L.)
    You're absolutely right, MDC are not Canadian at all. I have no idea what I was thinking when I selected them for that sampler. While I have spent long hours checking the exact recording dates and origins of lesser known bands, I have seen this enormous mistake... That's at least a loss if 10 punk points... I should commit seppuku. Never will a Beckham be able to live with dignity.

SOL and now MDC, I must have some trouble with bands that have initials as names...

For my defense, this one sampler was the last one I did and I suppose I was a bit weary by then. I might correct the mistake in the future but on the other hand that's the spirit of the show. Do it yourself, even though it is not done perfectly.

As for the other Canadian bands you mention, I must confess I don't know Deadly Pale or Bludgeoned. Am I missing something that great?

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone @-Rainbow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crustybeckham View Post
    You're absolutely right, MDC are not Canadian at all. I have no idea what I was thinking when I selected them for that sampler. While I have spent long hours checking the exact recording dates and origins of lesser known bands, I have seen this enormous mistake... That's at least a loss if 10 punk points... I should commit seppuku. Never will a Beckham be able to live with dignity.

SOL and now MDC, I must have some trouble with bands that have initials as names...

For my defense, this one sampler was the last one I did and I suppose I was a bit weary by then. I might correct the mistake in the future but on the other hand that's the spirit of the show. Do it yourself, even though it is not done perfectly.

As for the other Canadian bands you mention, I must confess I don't know Deadly Pale or Bludgeoned. Am I missing something that great?
    Don't commit seppuku ! We need more active people, not less ! And, as I might have said already : only those who do nothing are making no errors !

As for the bands, well the people of Bludgeoned are friends so I might not be partial, listen to them here if you want : http://youtu.be/exddiZ5XiXA as for Deadly Pale, their second CD (unfortunately no vinyl) is amongst my favourite records (whereas I don't like the first one so much) : http://youtu.be/xkuMtMEttrU Other canadian bands, or rather québecois bands I've seen or have on samplers are : Fatal Flaw, Bastardator, The Horny Bitches, all the bands on the S.P.I.T. documentary soundtrack (which is quite nice), Jeunesse Apatride, of course Banlieue Rouge and many others the name of which I just don't remember at the moment...
    Walk in beauty...
    (A)//(E)

New shows have been posted on the blog and can be listened to on podcast. There are five of them to be accurate. Some are a bit old (october of 2010), others are brand new, fresh from the studio (last sunday).

October 17th, 2010: the anti-work special during the massive protests in France against a new government reform that would lengthen the time of work before one can retire. Sadly the strikers/protesters lost.
    http://crustybeckham.podomatic.com/e...08_38_31-07_00

October 24th, 2010: the hate the rich/burn your school/riot riot and sniff glue special during the student riots/strikes.
    http://crustybeckham.podomatic.com/e...09_08_08-07_00

December 11th, 2011: punk in the world.
    http://crustybeckham.podomatic.com/e...07_04_09-07_00

December 25th, 2011: Christmas special.

http://crustybeckham.podomatic.com/e...14_46_58-07_00

April 29th, 2012: anti-elections/anti-voting.

http://crustybeckham.podomatic.com/e...07_34_11-07_00

The last two shows have been uploaded on the blog. Just to stir up people's interest (I am an idealist I know), let me present you the playlists.

For the 13th of May:
    1. Morkhimmel "Endless wall of fuckers" (République Tchèque)
    2. Nuclear Winter "Withered youth" (Grèce)
    3. Weald "Tribe" (U$A)
    4. Hibernation "Trapped" (Grèce)
    5. Fracaso "Politicos" (Venezuela)
    6. Los Rezios "Ellos nos odian" (Pérou)
    7. Restos de Tragedia "Sucia realidad" (Colombie)
    8. Clamor Inexorable "Zona marginada" (Mexique)
    9. Crude n Snyde "Don't conform" (Irlande)
    10. Karma Sutra "Dismantle the lie" (Angleterre)
    11. Reprisal "Systematic slaughter" (Angleterre)
    12. Dead Meat "Noise ain't dead" (Angleterre)
    13. Truncheons "Cashing in on freedom" (Canada)
    14. Final Bombs "War robs all" (Japon)
    15. Realities of War "Orwell nation" (Angleterre)
    16. Shade of Mankind "Pro-life bullshit" (Brésil)
    17. Deviated Instinct "Welcome to the orgy" live 87 (Angleterre)
    18. Antisect "The buck stops here" live 86 (Angleterre)
    19. Axegrinder "Life chain" live 90 (Angleterre)
    20. Misery "Filth of mankind" live 93
    21. Low Fat "Migi nuka migi" (Thaïlande)
    22. Creative Waste "Mind pollution" (Arabie Saoudite)
    23. All Day Night "titre en russe" (Belarus)
    24. Zhulong "Shyryhata" (Kazakhstan)
    25. Caras de Hambre "Brutalidad policiaka" (Panama)
    26. Guerrilla Urbana "Todo bien" (Uruguay)
    27. 2 Minutos "Ya no somos igual" (Argentine)
    28. Anarkia "Eleccion o corrupcion" (Chili)

With bands from Saudi Arabia, Kazakhstan, Thailand and Panama.

For the 27th of may:
    1. Antiklimax "Et ole turvassa" (Finlande)
    2. Unbroken Bones "Fuck HAARP" (Russie)
    3. Crude n Snyde "All things bright and beautiful" (Irlande)
    4. Beton "Detonator" (Slovaquie)
    5. Robots War "Coracao contra o tempo" (Brésil)
    6. Cancer Spreading "A new dawn's prophecy" (Italie)
    7. Age "Survive" (Japon)
    8. Krang "Death of sound" (U$A)
    9. Deviated Instinct "Liberty crawls to the sanctuary of slaves" (Angleterre)
    10. Freedoom "Babylon burn" (Portugal)
    11. Painajainen "Rakkaudesta huoraani" (Finlande)
    12. Despite Everything "" (Grèce)
    13. Black Sheep "Paradox of birth" (Australie)
    14. Dodsfalla "Anarchy fuck" (U$A)
    15. Desolation "" (U$A)
    16. Decontrol "No torture" (Angleterre)
    17. Geranium "" (France)
    18. Slancer "Only if only" (Angleterre)
    19. Anti "Fight war not wars" (U$A)
    20. The Ex "Map" (Pays-Bas)
    21. Pariapunk "Le dire et le faire" (France)

The show of the 10th, June can be downloaded on the blog. If the idea of Doom covering Antisect or Glycine Max covering Hellbastard makes you heart race, you are home.

1. The Defects "Brutality"
    2. Mayhem "Blood money"
    3. External Menace "Don't conform"
    4. The Enemy "50 000 dead"
    5. Omega Tribe "Time for change"
    6. Toxic Waste "Tugs of war"
    7. Naked "One step forward"
    8. Rudimentary Peni "The rain"
    9. Antisect "Out from the void part 2" (version 2012)
    10. Deviated Instinct "End times"
    11. Prophecy of Doom "Axis (developpment) access"
    12. Amebix "Progress" (live 2009)
    13. Doom "Do you really care?" (Antisect cover)
    14. Concrete Sox "Is this to be?" (Discharge cover)
    15. Glycine Max "Nazis killed" (Hellbastard cover)
    16. Misery "ICBM" (Amebix cover)
    17. Vivisect "Grind the enemy" (Axegrinder cover)
    18. Policebastard "Blasphemy squad" (Rudimentary Peni cover)
    19. Sanctum "Work for never" (Extreme Noise Terror cover)
    20. Fatum "Hades" (Bathory cover)
    21. Horror Vacui "Soldiers"

Internet Nerd Punk Punk
    Woah, these are quite "comp-rehensive"! Haha, kidding aside though, these are some swell mixes (especially enjoyed the one with all the covers & newer recordings of old songs; the like). Fantastic idea. Let no one ever deter you from your rightfully righteous obsession with all things punk. Were only all of us as committed.

Also, thanks a ton for the inclusion on the late May addition!! <3 In between two absolutely crushing and inspirational bands no less

Thank you for the kind words. To be honest, I have little feedback about the show, even from people over here so it is always heart-warming to be complimented (though you did forget to mention I have a sexy voice).

I actually spend quite a bit of time when I select the songs I am playing. British crust, stenchcore, @punk and second-wave punk rock are recurrent obsessions but we also aim to show with my partner in crime (who is a real old-timer) that there is more than Japan and Sweden to good punk-rock.

I enjoy "Sound of death" more than the Ep. Really catchy crust songs always find their way to our playlist. Not trying to blow my own trumpet but if you are into obscure old-school Britcrust you might want to check my music blog (Terminal Sound Nuisance).