Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sugar Addiction Anyone?

Internet Nerd Punk Punk Gnome Chomsky's Avatar
    The only reason anyone wants to regulate sugar would be to get more fucking corn syrups into foods and less sugar. The medical lobbyists & corn (syrup) lobbyists make zillions off of fat people, so don't buy into their thinly veiled disguise that they are actually giving a crap about anyone's health.

I honestly would much rather eat anything with sugar than hi fructose corn syrup (even if something just says "corn syrup" I won't buy it.) Truthfully though, stuff like agave is better than sugar. When I stopped eating corn syrup I was amazed at everything that shit is in, from ketchup to bread to things that already have sugar in them. Now I know when I have accidentally eaten it because of how it screws up my blood sugar (I get shaky really bad from it.)

I am sugar addict,i love to eat sweet things and drinks three spoon sugar in my tea cup,On the other hand i drink two to three cups a day.Now i m controlling myself and i succeed in it.You drink a full cup (8oz) of juice, and you get more sugars and calories than if you downed a can of Coke. They process the fruit to the extent that pure juice would almost have no nutritional value, so they have to add vitamins to it. Might as well take a pill and avoid the sugars and calories. My point is that it shouldn't be a constant burden on consumers to have to know every little thing about every product.

Internet Nerd Punk Punk stinkbot's Avatar
    Funny this should come up. Adrienne and I are giving up sugar for December...I'm giving up processed sugary badness in general. I think it's been making me ill.
    Adrienne has been on a quitting binge the last few months. It's fun.

Moderator Punk to the bone backwoodsvegan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbot View Post
    Funny this should come up. Adrienne and I are giving up sugar for December...I'm giving up processed sugary badness in general. I think it's been making me ill.
    Adrienne has been on a quitting binge the last few months. It's fun.
    You two are too cute. What's next? Coffee? Masterbation?!?!?!

reeviint
    No doubt sugar is quite bad for our health and fitness.Little games of saying a serving of juice is 4oz, because that is what the FDA calls a serving of fruit, and misleading people on the labels. You drink a full cup of juice, and you get more sugars and calories than if you downed a can of Coke.

Ackley
    Yup,
    I have sugar addiction.I like the sweet things specially chocolates because it is
    the best for heart diseases and reduce the cholesterol level in the body.I like some
    sweet fresh juices because it is the best source for get energy and vitamins.....

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone yan tree's Avatar
    i would give up sugar if i could also give up smoking & give up drinking beer & eating crap food & i would cycle everywhere, start up a revolutionary anarcho-punk class war movement & re-start a peaceful global (r)evolution - to destroy capitalism, patriarchy, fascism, all religions & everyone would of course be mega-vegan too.
    i'll start on that tmw

Jhon
    Yup,
    I have sugar addiction.I like the sweet things specially chocolates because it is
    the best for heart diseases and reduce the cholesterol level in the body.I like some
    sweet fresh juices because it is the best source for get energy and vitamins.....