Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Photos from north korea.

Internet Nerd Punk Punk Spirochete's Avatar
    Did you go to the museum that's just gifts Kim Jung Il and Kim Il-Sung received from other countries?
    Learning how to love again.

Internet Nerd Punk Punk
    i sent them a basket of mini-muffins.

Needs a Life Punk to the bone dave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirochete View Post
    Did you go to the museum that's just gifts Kim Jung Il and Kim Il-Sung received from other countries?
    yes, a highlight. fucking crazy. at one point we had to file into a chamber singkle file in complete silence and bow before a creepily realistic wax figure of kim il sung for a full minute, complete with dusk nature backdrop and hidden fans making the fake bushes rustle in the "wind". truly bizarre. also even entering the place.... stone stil soldiers on both sides of the doors with solid silver ak47s. two sliding doors of solid bronze, 6 tons each. very much like being in a cult compound..... actually it is a cult compound- juche is something like a nationwide stalinist dynastic cult.

Quote Originally Posted by markoloka View Post
    Thanks for photos... Some of them look like going back in time to 1980's russia.
    Did they check your camera in border or so???
    yeah, i was with a russian guy and he remarked a lot about how much it reminded him of 80s ussr. also they recieved a lot of soviet aid and a lot of the buildings are built very much the same.
    as for the border, i flew out.... took a photo of the air koryo planes on the tarmac (old tupolov russian planes)- air koryo is, by the way, the north korean state airline and actually rated the worst airline on earth- makes all other airline food ive ever had seem delicious- it was fucking BAD. anyways once we took off the stewardess demanded my camera- at first i was like, uh, ok, but then realized, wait a minute, were out of the country and youre just a stewardess, you cant take my fucking camera- so i went to the back of the plane to demand it back and theres a north korean air marshall looking through my shots- at first they give me back my camera and i sit back down and fill out my china entry forms (we were flying into shengyang) and he comes up and demands my camera again, and makes me show him the photos- he makes me delete the photos of the plane and then demands my passport (which had the then-completed entry form within)- when i get it back i put it in my pocket. then i look at it again later and he took the form to, im guessing, get my passport number and id. so im getting a little freaked out. then we land in china and everyone starts to get up and the marshall comes in and says "everyone sit". so we are just sitting on the plane and im wondering if theres a security truck coming to get me and take me to some back room, or if when im in the air on a dprk flight am i still on north korean soil legally, etc..... finally it gets sorted out and has nothing to do with me. ironically i have maybe never felt more free upon entering a new country as i did entering china that day. pretty freaky.

Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post
    dave when i looked at these i was so impressed and proud of you that you went through with that. it seems like it must have been pretty scary and really gives you a sense of the big picture. i thought your photographs were gorgeous and i was surprised by how lovely the place is even with all the weirdo imagery and state regime feeling. also, it reminded me that i had a dream about you last night (!?!).
    youre sweet.

Internet Nerd Punk Punk
    I've used some programs to get deleted photos out of memory cards so it's possible to get them back.
    That newspaper stuff looks horrible...i mean that amount of brainwash. oh boy. I had heard about it but seeing what kinda their news are makes it even worse.
    Their heads would probably explode if they could see other countries.

Poser
    This is interesting thread actually i just want to say you that every professional photographer have it's own way of photo making some of photographers are making wedding photos shoot some of fashion and other natural views i am also a professional photographer and my way of photographing is wedding photography because this is good to become more popular and also good business of photography but some difficult also to take the photos...
    Last edited by Patrick33; 01-05-2014 at 12:55 AM.

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone @-Rainbow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick33 View Post
    This is interesting thread actually i just want to say you that every professional photographer have it's own way of photo making some of photographers are making wedding photos shoot some of fashion and other natural views i am also a professional photographer and my way of photographing is wedding photography because this is good to become more popular and also good business of photography but some difficult also to take the photos...

Yes, yes and I'm specialized in smurf photography which is even more difficult 'cause the little bastards tend to hide themselves...
    Walk in beauty...
    (A)//(E)

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone yan tree's Avatar
    well, we have spam, spam, spam, spam & spam.
    oh but I want spam, spam - spam, spam, with spam as a side dish, with a spam garnish please

badly paraphrasing monty python

patrick33 are you a spambot? c'mon fess up!

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone B-Rad's Avatar
    Reminds me of looking at photos my uncle brought back from the ussr in the late eighties. nice!