Thread: Colorado: What Is Good; June 8th-16th

Internet Nerd Punk Punk

Colorado: What Is Good; June 8th-16th

So me & some friends will be vacationing from the 8th through the 16th; dunno if many/any of you are from the area (we'll mostly be haunting Boulder, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins & some Denver), but anybody know some good eats in the area? Can't miss shows? Crucial hiking spots? I'll most likely be figuring it out as I go along, but if anybody has some feedback it would be totally appreciated!

Internet Nerd Punk Punk
    I think there is a fest in Denver at Blast-O-Mat on 13,14 and 15. Maybe check their website. I hear the Clusterfucks are getting back together for this one.
    FUCKING GODDAMN!!!!!

Administrator Punk to the bone Leffer's Avatar
    Lived there for many years prior to Mpls. Eldorado Springs is ace for hiking/climbing outside of Boulder. Josh from Clusterfux may be a good resource, as I haven't lived there in a while (although visit often). Water course in Denver is killer for veggie food and if in Boulder, you gotta eat at Juanita's at the end of the Pearl St. mall....awesome Mexican food which is veggie friendly as well. If in CO. Springs, there's quite a bit to do in Manitou Springs (other side of the highway from CO. Springs at the base of Pikes Peak). Manitou is a bit more liberal than C.S., but like I mentioned, haven't visited that area in ages.
    'Within the imagination, there is no law'
    www.andylefton.com
    www.warplague.com

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone anorak city's Avatar
    the mountains are so beautiful and gnarly, I regret not making a point to do more hiking when I was there. I was rendered pretty much useless from altitude sickness though.

Maybe its different in Denver and the larger towns, but I stayed in Breckenridge and was not fitting in too well. Those ski towns are, not surprisingly, a haven for adrenaline junkie types who aggressively insisted I had to go snowboarding and rock climbing and mountain biking and hike swiftly to the top of all these peaks. They didn't seem to understand I wanted to be down at the lower elevations where I could hike slow, take time to see and smell plants and trees, go bird watching, and generally appreciate the outdoors in a way that is impossible when you are tearing through them on a mountain bike.

Internet Nerd Punk Punk
    hmmm, thanks for the tips all! Leffer, I'll definitely be checking out said eats & will try and convince the rest of the crew to work Eldorado Springs into our itinerary. Hooooopefully I'll be able to stick around in Denver on the 11th to catch ATU for the second time in as many weeks. On that note, is there any other sort of relative punk scenes/show spaces in the state or is it mostly all centralized 'round Denver & The Blast-O-Mat?

I have heard about the adventurists and general health nuts. Stoked on that attitude as much as I am.... the other end of the spectrum.... which I'm told shouldn't be hard to seek out....

L5pbp, can't find info on that @ the Blast-o-mat; seems there is a fest going on; Front Range punk fest (i think it is?), but might miss that due to the fact its going on tomorrow and we're actually not leaving until around midnight tonight...

Punk to the bone Padawan
    Fort Collins is awesome. Visit the New Belgium Brewery during happy hour and you get 4 free beers. There is a cool reservoir about 20 mins outside of Fort Collins that is cool for hiking and swimming.

Rocky Mountain Nat’l Park is probably 30-45 minutes from Fort Collins, and worth spending the day hiking around and admiring the views. On the way back from there we stopped on the side of the road to put our feet in the stream/river, and it was the coldest water you’ve ever felt. Like chilling your shin bone cold. Do that too.