Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 portland activists indefinitely detained for refusing to speak @ grand jury hearing

3 portland activists indefinitely detained for refusing to speak @ grand jury hearing

Since late July, three activists have had their lives torn apart by the police and the legal system, simply because they refused to answer any questions in a grand jury case, regarding crimes that they have absolutely no connection to. As of right now, all three are behind bars, with no clue when they will be able to get out.

The most recent to be sent away was Leah-Lynn Plante, this week she repeated the same process that she just watched her roommates go through. After being summoned to speak twice and refusing to speak both times, the prosecutors in the case enacted a legal loophole which waived her 5th amendment right to remain silent. This decision was made for her by the court against her will.

Read the rest here and take action, americans: http://www.trueactivist.com/3-portla...-jury-hearing/
    Still too punk to fuck Rupert Murdoch

http://busteddistro.blogspot.com/ - DIY distro since 2003
    www.myspace.com/aggressoradio - DIY punkrock radio for 10 years
    www.myspace.com/ballemalurt - acoustic pop/punk-soloproject, all songs downloadable for free

Internet Nerd Punk Punk NickCaught's Avatar
    and for those of you who don't know, Leah used to post on this forum. her name was 'flux'
    RUST AND MACHINE RECORDS
    www.rustandmachine.com

out now: EFFLUXUS 12", NAPALM RAID 12", NAPALM RAID 7", DERROTA LP, THE NOW DEAD 7" + more

Quote Originally Posted by NickCaught View Post
    and for those of you who don't know, Leah used to post on this forum. her name was 'flux'
    I ordered something out of her distro a few months back, it never arrived. I sent her a few emails and never got any response... it was supposed to be a gift for my partner. Kind of bummed me out.. This was way before the raids so, it wasn't like she was preoccupied with something more pressing.

Internet Nerd Punk Punk Rats_and_Gods's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NickCaught View Post
    I was going to say that she looked familiar. This really sucks.
    My Recordnerd List

49 20 4c 6f 76 65 20 44 2d 42 65 61 74

Quote Originally Posted by applecore View Post
    I ordered something out of her distro a few months back, it never arrived. I sent her a few emails and never got any response... it was supposed to be a gift for my partner. Kind of bummed me out.. This was way before the raids so, it wasn't like she was preoccupied with something more pressing.
    But basically you dont know and now shes in jail and you thought it would be a good time to bring this up? *smiley
    Please take action if you're from the us of a. Thanx!
    Still too punk to fuck Rupert Murdoch

http://busteddistro.blogspot.com/ - DIY distro since 2003
    www.myspace.com/aggressoradio - DIY punkrock radio for 10 years
    www.myspace.com/ballemalurt - acoustic pop/punk-soloproject, all songs downloadable for free

Quote Originally Posted by Bjarte View Post
    But basically you dont know and now shes in jail and you thought it would be a good time to bring this up? *smiley
    Please take action if you're from the us of a. Thanx!
    No actually, I do know. Not to mention the post pertains to her so, it's quite relevant.

No actually, I do know. Not to mention the post pertains to her so, it's quite relevant.
    Okay, I digress, it's just hard for me to feel sympathy for someone who ripped me off...

Needs a Life Punk to the bone scatter the hatred's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rats_and_Gods View Post
    I was going to say that she looked familiar. This really sucks.
    I wondered the same thing when I heard about this elsewhere. Maybe on Democracy Now, can't remember where.

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone damien inbred's Avatar
    Okay, I digress, it's just hard for me to feel sympathy for someone who ripped me off...
    okay - as much as it sucks that you got "ripped off" or whatever, her current situation is a lot more dire than some unsent items from a distro. get it? she is the victim of a FEDERAL WITCH HUNT against anarchists. she is in federal custody because she refused to participate in a grand jury - basically a fishing expedition on the part of the government to investigate and imprison other members of the pacific northwest anarchist and activist communities. her freedom has been taken away because of her beliefs, and you're still butthurt about a few items from a distro and some lost money?!