Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yours truly as a gasmask wearing doorman

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone @-Rainbow's Avatar

Yours truly as a gasmask wearing doorman

Some time ago, we made a short movie as addition to a fund raising action for a bar run by friends.

In fact the bar was our headquarter for quite some time, then it had to close as the lease was finished, a new place was found, which is much better, bigger and cheaper but there's lots to do in there...

The idea was to show that the bar needs a ventilation system, so we're all wearing gas masks in there. I'm the doorman you can see at the beginning and the end.

Don't await an incredibly interesting movie, I just wanted to expose my excellent skills as an actor

Walk in beauty...
    (A)//(E)

Needs a Life Punk to the bone imfrusty's Avatar
    looks like ya'll are hitting a gas mask bong! ohhh yaah!
    smelling pillows!

you are the next james bond for sure!

Smelling pillows ? What do you mean ?

As for good old James, I'd prefer being Patrick McGoohan (The Prisoner), he's even cooler
    Walk in beauty...
    (A)//(E)

before my trip to switzerland and amsterdam. i read about the loose laws on pot by the swizz
    high times talked about how they sold them in some places as 'smelling pillows' like potpouri.
    always wanted to visist lucerne and geneva of course. really liked berne and interlochen!
    such a beautiful country!

Quote Originally Posted by imfrusty View Post
    before my trip to switzerland and amsterdam. i read about the loose laws on pot by the swizz
    high times talked about how they sold them in some places as 'smelling pillows' like potpouri.
    always wanted to visist lucerne and geneva of course. really liked berne and interlochen!
    such a beautiful country!
    Ok I get it. It's funny, I thought about that, but was sure you mean something else as I didn't know you ever heard about those "pillows"... well, I don't smoke, so I've never seen such a pillow and I know no one who ever got one, but I believe it must have had some success until the police found out about that.

So you've been to Switzerland. Maybe we talked about that already, but as an OAP (old age punk) I tend to forget things ;-) The cities you mentioned are all quite beautiful. Well, I haven't been to Interlaken and Luzern since quite some time, but Bern is really nice and Geneva's nice too, I squatted there many years ago. Now I live near to Lausanne, have you been there too ?
    Walk in beauty...
    (A)//(E)

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone yan tree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by @-Rainbow View Post
    Some time ago, we made a short movie as addition to a fund raising action for a bar run by friends.

In fact the bar was our headquarter for quite some time, then it had to close as the lease was finished, a new place was found, which is much better, bigger and cheaper but there's lots to do in there...

The idea was to show that the bar needs a ventilation system, so we're all wearing gas masks in there. I'm the doorman you can see at the beginning and the end.

Don't await an incredibly interesting movie, I just wanted to expose my excellent skills as an actor

I LIKE IT - VERY DYSTOPIAN ---OHHH CAP LOK! ummmm like the burlesque bit too - love how her basque (is this right?) was black n red!....i do like adf (asian dud foundation) too. its a sorta cool, couldn't tell who was you @rainbow - liked the polar bear in the audience. & yeah were they breathing tubes or drinking tubes? - all these questions...don't actually need answers, its good to have a bit of mystery otherwize all the magick would be dead

oh 1 of the answers is in the title...you are a gasmask wearing doorman - how cool

we made it to swizzerland 2 days before my 25th birthday. we had bought a euro/car rental deal. but they wouldn't rent a car to me being not 25.
    so this threw a huge monkeywrench in our plans. we stayed the night in berne got stoned ate fondue. then took the train to interlochen the next day. hung out there for a bit and on back to amsterdam. as we'd run out of train days otherwise. then we took the train to paris and saw the louvre(sp?). almost ate peyote the night before. wish i would have. looking at the moaning lisa while little devils and elves danced in the background. a great trip. my great grandparents are swizz. one was born there the other here(i believe) really wanna go back.
    when we get the plan together you'll be the first to know! i'll post some of my pics sometimes... cheers!
    so i only visited berne and interlochen unfortunalely!

Quote Originally Posted by yan tree View Post
    I LIKE IT - VERY DYSTOPIAN ---OHHH CAP LOK! ummmm like the burlesque bit too - love how her basque (is this right?) was black n red!....i do like adf (asian dud foundation) too. its a sorta cool, couldn't tell who was you @rainbow - liked the polar bear in the audience. & yeah were they breathing tubes or drinking tubes? - all these questions...don't actually need answers, its good to have a bit of mystery otherwize all the magick would be dead

oh 1 of the answers is in the title...you are a gasmask wearing doorman - how cool
    No idea if that thing is called a basque, in french we call it "corset", for me a basque is an inhabitant of the Basque countr :-)

The polar bear is my good friend Diana, I'm sure you'd like her... she's vegan and a really nice person ! Except that she likes Rancid (we're always arguing about that band, I don't particularly like Rancid and it's one of her favourite bands...)

As for the tubes I suppose they were drinking tubes, the gasmask was for breathing, the tubes for the drinks... But honestly, I hadn't asked myself this question.
    Walk in beauty...
    (A)//(E)

Quote Originally Posted by imfrusty View Post
    we made it to swizzerland 2 days before my 25th birthday. we had bought a euro/car rental deal. but they wouldn't rent a car to me being not 25.
    so this threw a huge monkeywrench in our plans. we stayed the night in berne got stoned ate fondue. then took the train to interlochen the next day. hung out there for a bit and on back to amsterdam. as we'd run out of train days otherwise. then we took the train to paris and saw the louvre(sp?). almost ate peyote the night before. wish i would have. looking at the moaning lisa while little devils and elves danced in the background. a great trip. my great grandparents are swizz. one was born there the other here(i believe) really wanna go back.
    when we get the plan together you'll be the first to know! i'll post some of my pics sometimes... cheers!
    so i only visited berne and interlochen unfortunalely!
    Yes, I suppose that was quite a bummer when you couldn't rent that car, specially as two days were missing...

Did you go to the Reitschule in Bern ? The big squat near the train station ? They've got a good restaurant, I don't know if it's where you ate the fondue... And it's Interlaken, not Interlochen (Loch means hole in german, maybe the inhabitant's wouldn't appreciate )

Eating peyote before visiting the Louvres might be interesting indeed ! Well, on your next trip to France...

And as you say, if you come back to Switzerland, be sure to let me know if you want to visit, I'll gladly show you around and you can sleep at my place. I'm in the french-speaking part, near lake "Geneva" (we call it Lac Léman, it doesn't belong to Geneva !) and there are really beautiful places around here...
    Walk in beauty...
    (A)//(E)