Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PROFANE EXISTENCE - Back to our roots

Internet Nerd Punk Punk
    You know I think agree with Noizepug 73 100%. I lost interest a while ago and didn't even realize Dan was no longer doing it. And with that being said I have not even had PE on my radar the last few years and as a result cannot even speak of the latest releases with exception to the Oi Polloi/ATU split which was great.
    Anyway
    I understand the nostalgia of PE but it has had such a turbulent existence last several years that if you opt to change the name down the road to give it more your voice I would understand. You are taking on a lot and kudos and good luck

Administrator Punk to the bone Leffer's Avatar
    "Making punks pass the torch again" All joking aside, this'll be good for PE. Sure, a lot of folks balk at the idea, and for folks like us that have been so involved with it on a regular basis, we're a bit leery too. But that's from experience. Regardless, we are 100% in supporting this move, as it effects us as well, not only as musicians, but activists as well.
    'Within the imagination, there is no law'
    www.andylefton.com
    www.warplague.com

I agree with everything that was said previously. I reviewed records for PE for 8 years and about 2-3 years ago I kind of threw my hands up in the air and said fuck it. I guess all the garbage and the print magazine turning into a blog then back to print etc., was too much. As for the label... not too keen on a majority of the output from the last several years. I hope to see a rebirth of a more relevant, fresh, and vibrant PE for sure.

After a few discussions and seeing who's who and how to parse out responsibilities, I'll be taking some of the reins here in Minneapolis. With what time I can afford will be dedicated towards the zine.

Ben, the gentlemen that just handed over some of the keys to me has thrown in the towel. We had discussion on how this happened, blah blah and it just came down to him not being able really do any of it. So, here we are picking up the pieces...again. Stay tuned for more news on this stuff as things are picking up some serious steam.
    www.andylefton.com
    www.warplague.com

Moderator Punk to the bone backwoodsvegan's Avatar
    Wow, didn't see that coming. I'm pretty stoked. If I make the cut to contribute again, I was thinking that I'd like to write a piece on coffee from the perspective of the farmer and how fair trade isn't always fair, but buying cheap coffee is even worse for them. or something....

Quote Originally Posted by backwoodsvegan View Post
    Wow, didn't see that coming. I'm pretty stoked. If I make the cut to contribute again, I was thinking that I'd like to write a piece on coffee from the perspective of the farmer and how fair trade isn't always fair, but buying cheap coffee is even worse for them. or something....
    Absolutely, I'll be in touch once we know details, time frame, etc.
    www.andylefton.com
    www.warplague.com

Internet Nerd Punk Punk
    I haven't spent much time on the board for a good while, so I'm trying to play catch up here. I wrote Noise Reviews for almost 10 years. I was really burnt out and let the folks that needed to know that I was done, for the time being. That was late 2010. I'm ready to be a contributor to PE again if that's cool with the folks taking the reigns. Cheers!

Internet Nerd Punk Punk MC Lutang's Avatar
    After a shitload of hard work the new webstore is up and things are moving along. Thanx for all the support people! Cheers ! http://profanexistence.com/2015/01/1...ule-as-of-now/

Moderator Punk to the bone backwoodsvegan's Avatar
    Yeah, buddy!