Thread: photographs..what to do with them?

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone yan tree's Avatar

photographs..what to do with them?

ok, so I'm scanning my collection of static 2D images on photopaper mostly within photoalbums...

as i'm thinking photography being late 19th century technology, blossomed within the 20th century, and obvs continues thru the 21st C

yet the end result of snap snap snap used to be the photograph...
    now its a jpeg image file.

its a no brainer really as a photo-album should exist for future generations...but methinx the emerging genertaions don't give a 2 fuckery fucks for a photograph of some obscure punk person I took in a squot toilet after a huge mass direct action where we took the MAN down & we were still laffing at it. - they'd probs think - wot a ugly tosser in a dirty manky shitter...chuck it ion the bin!

so....we are not famous....our kids might have some respect for our lives n times (doubt this muchly) therefore our pics are as tangible as our lifetimes - which i guess is cool for me. but - like the musak i've enjoyed i want my kids & future kids to have the access to it also...

i guess an archival type thingy might be useful...or am i just being egotistical?

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone anorak city's Avatar
    Keep the photographs. Archive. It'll be interesting to someone, someday. I wish I'd taken photographs.

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone yan tree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anorak city View Post
    Keep the photographs. Archive. It'll be interesting to someone, someday. I wish I'd taken photographs.
    i'm keeping the ones i like or are arty but chucking some & some of the sticky albums......jeez theres some real bad photography gone on here!