Thread: T-shirts as historical art

Hot Topic Punk Padawan

T-shirts as historical art

An old Minneapolis punk rock friend and I have been discussing an art show based on old (and new) band t-shirts. It would create a family tree of t-shirt art and history that spans the beginning of the '80s thru the '90s as laid against the evolution of our favorite music genre and sub genres. Each shirt should have it's own story and why it is important to the person who owns it. We got the idea talking about going through all our old t-shirts at my old Sonic Warp Productions partner's 50th birthday party last Friday. We would like it to be a collaborative effort of ideas and execution. So lay it on me. How would you envision something like this working?

Needs a Life Punk to the bone imfrusty's Avatar
    good idea. I got some I don't even wear anymore cuz I wanna keep the design. late for work now. more later have agood day!

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone read fox's Avatar
    Sounds like a good idea, can perhaps find the ole' screens still intact? just a thought.
    As far as clothing as art goes, I gotta pretty dress I hand made that I always thought I would frame when I stopped wearing it.

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone yan tree's Avatar
    ohhh i dunno if i'm in a let it all rot - frame of mind - cuz we're all gonna die & nothing we say or do matters
    or...wot a good idea, maybe the kids of the future might give a shite about the past....sorry thats a 'they won't give a fuck' kinda idea too

just my poisoned mind x

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone anorak city's Avatar
    Fucking awesome idea. BIG UPS!!!