Thread: Rotterdam / Istanbul / Japan

Hybrid View

Internet Nerd Punk Punk Rats_and_Gods's Avatar

Rotterdam / Istanbul / Japan

Hey all, so I'm flying out to Roadburn fest in April and wondering if anyone else is doing the same and maybe wants a travel buddy? I leave Houston, TX on April 13th and arrive in Rotterdam, The Netherlands on April 14th that evening. I'll be renting a car and driving to Tilburg for the fest. Then leaving on April 17th to go back to Rotterdam to fly to Japan.

Here is the fun part. I am flying Turkish Airlines and have a really long layover in Istanbul, Turkey. Folks have told me there is plenty to do in the airport and I won't need to leave but a 13 hour layover in an airport seems a bit ridiculous and another 9 hour layover on the way back. Anyone from Turkey or anyone who's been there have any ideas on shit to do? If so, hit me up.
    My Recordnerd List

49 20 4c 6f 76 65 20 44 2d 42 65 61 74

Super Moderator Punk to the bone Donofthedead's Avatar
    Nothing to add but to say what cool trip!
    If anyone comes across a copy of Bajo Tierra's "Sala X" 7" from Medellin, Colombia. I really want it!

Blogspot = http://donofthedeadpix.blogspot.com/
    I'm Diet! = http://iamdiet.wordpress.com/

Needs a Life Punk to the bone imfrusty's Avatar
    eat a bunch of peyote buttons n Holland and Istanbul will be a blast...my sister in law was /is/has been living in turkey for a minute...i'll query her for you. she's pretty cool. not straighter than us hippies but more on the college life...teaches English there I think...and tries to avoid beheadings..