Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: no Trump thread?

Needs a Life Punk to the bone imfrusty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anorak city View Post
    But they didn't vote to be governed like this. They voted for change and they were conned. You have to understand that people here have been slowly losing everything over the past 30 years, and when they didn't benefit from the most recent economic rebound, they were so desperate to believe someone could help them. These are people who love the constitution, so I don't think they are going to be happy to see someone dismantle the system of checks and balances while robbing them blind of what little they have left.

Maybe Trump really WILL end up uniting the country!
    this is what I believe and hope that the goodness of humanity will prevail...for the futures sake(and hell for the sake of the present as well)

Internet Nerd Punk Punk stinkbot's Avatar
    Keeping it real in Berkeley...
    Gabe and Jeremy at protest.jpg
    I've seen a few reports about yesterday's demo in Berkeley.
    What I saw is wildly different from what's being reported and retweeted by so many.
    The majority of the pepper spraying came from the pro-trump supporters, I would say all, because all the people I saw getting sprayed were not trump supporters, but I can't be 100% certain that the anti-trump side wasn't involved in self defense during the event.
    The smoke bombs and the fire crackers came from the pro-trump side as well. The smoke bombs got hurled back as they were thrown at us.
    There are images of an older guy that got pepper sprayed. He was belligerent and mean and I'm not surprised he got sprayed, but I would be surprised if it came from a counter protester, since the pro-trump people were spraying willy nilly into the crowd.
    There aren't as many images of the college and high school kids from the anti-trump demo getting sprayed, the elderly Latina woman who got hit with a flag on an axe handle holding her bloodied head, the trump supporters carrying knives... the demo was intense, there was a lot of violence and as a witness, what is being reported is incorrect. And for the first time I saw "anarcho capitalists" at a demo in force. Waving the yellow and black flags and shields with "V" on the front. They were there on the trump side, they were violent, and for the first time the people calling out anarchists for being violent are correct, they're just wrong about which Anarchists started the fray.
    Last edited by stinkbot; 03-05-2017 at 10:03 AM.

damn...stink..wish I had that much fun sunday....so hard for me to take my kids to shit like this. I can't justify them being hurt.
    but I want them to understand that this is probably the most important part of democracy!...cheers!

Gabe's been going to demos since 2002 (strapped to my chest in a baby bjorn). I've always bailed when things got hot, and was pulling him out Saturday when he told me that we couldn't leave. He protested the ramp up to Iraq, demoed for marriage equality, RNC 2008, and helped lead a walk out at his school when trump was elected. Boybot is my pride and joy and I'm forever proud that he will stand up for what he believes in and won't back down. I was completely on edge as things got hot and kept a hand on him the whole time, and finally pulled him out just before Berkeley got shut down.

nice! that's cool as shit man! I need to do the same...me and a 4 yr old a 7 yr old and newborn would be a bit hectic...

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone anorak city's Avatar
    If anyone is finding it difficult to keep up with the news:

https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/

Thanks pal.