Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I've been in shock (of sorts)

Administrator Punk to the bone Leffer's Avatar

I think I've been in shock (of sorts)

I've been feeling quite misanthropic.

This isn't new and I don't really mean "misanthropic" to it's fullest meaning, I'm still my ol' optimistic self, but WAY more cautious of our social climate these days compared to previously. I'm quite aware of the evils that linger in this world and tend to find myself looking over my shoulder more often than not these days. It's not that I'm paranoid, it's that I'm aware and I have a fire in me.

I've been to rallies and contributed money made from the label to specific causes, etc. But more has to be done and the way the world is turning, I know I'd find myself in a world of hurt if I let my primal self go. There's a part of me that say's "just let the world eat itself", watch that happen and we just proceed to exist in our small community away from the mayhem. Then there's the "fight" side of things where emotions and anger become overwhelming in a world out of control. I use to work on a street level, where I'd be on the front lines passing out info, confronting, debating, educating. But the overwhelming sense of narrow-mindedness these days just makes you feel like you're spinning your wheels when these opportunities show up. Regardless, I will continue.

The world is in a transition and we're all being forced to one side or the other and I don't operate that way. When it comes down to the nitty gritty of our socio/political structures...it's all about the golden rule, plan and simple, and that's the side I'm choosing.

I want to keep this dialogue moving as it's important we all talk to each other and most importantly, have each others backs.
    'Within the imagination, there is no law'
    www.andylefton.com
    www.warplague.com

Internet Nerd Punk Punk stinkbot's Avatar
    It's a really intense time. I honestly thought that if we made it through the 90's we'd be okay. Now I'm not so sure. I remember worrying about nuclear proliferation when I was a kid. Fighting racist metal heads and skins, going up against narrow minded jocks and I thought it was all over.
    I still go to rallies and make my voice heard, but the din from the other side has gotten so loud that its drowning out the voice of reason. The lies are so bad and the masses are believing what they'd prefer to hear rather than the truth and so the division is worse than its ever been.
    I'm afraid and I'm angry.
    And I'll always have your back.

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone anorak city's Avatar
    I see a lot of reasons to be optimistic, but confronted with the voices from the other side, I wonder if I'm not just smoking some hopium.

I can't change the tide of the times, but I feel like the work I do is positive, as minuscule a contribution as it may be. At any rate, my labor doesn't serve the concentration of wealth and power, so that's something.

Administrator Punk to the bone Leffer's Avatar
    as minuscule a contribution as it may be
    It all adds up
    'Within the imagination, there is no law'
    www.andylefton.com
    www.warplague.com

Moderator Punk to the bone backwoodsvegan's Avatar
    Things are so out of control that I don't even know what to do.

Cyberpunk as Fuck Punk to the bone yan tree's Avatar
    i'm so asleep at the moment - i've always been somewhat nihlistic & looking at all this - encompassing everything! half of me kinda goes....yeah, this is what what happens when the 'rich get richer as the poor get poorer' we've been saying it 4 ages & its still happening.

survival is our energy!
    anarchy! & peace!

(Rebecca - 10yo daughter told me to use this emoticon cuz she loves it lol)

in shoutbox said i was going thru shite...found this in an art-work-book.....

'continued from Monday AWE'

I told him the love I (feel) share
    with (for) the (underprivileged) - common people

Animals in experiments,
    Millions starving

My lofty ideals shattered now
    into a billion fragments

the morality of mortality
    and my coming to terms with it.

I poured out my heart to
    this demon, this dark angel

and with the most wicked of smiles
    he laughed at everything

(I envy this approach to life).

jeez, that above is awesome comparing to the stuff i just found ha ha (sorry hijacking the thread with my ego )

Needs a Life Punk to the bone imfrusty's Avatar
    i'll say this. all we can do is affect what's around us. always smile and offer help and acceptance/assistance.
    as far as over the shoulder I will be ready when I see someone attacked or called names. I don't wanna risk getting hurt but if I must I must.
    how many times in our lives will we really ever have to chin up and possibly get our asses kicked. most violent/ignorant fucks are cowards if one person stands up then others will too....let's just say I keep my slingshot in my car always. i'm honestly kinda hoping for giant meteor. but until then I try and get better at striving to survive causing the least amount of suffering possible. and I know I have some work to do personally. 'if you survive me. tell them this-I crawled in the mud but I never gave up'

they broke our legs & we said thank you when they offered us crutches